Thursday, June 11, 2009

Of Tumultuous Weather

I am sitting in my room, 24 hours and 600 words from being finished with my last Warwick Uni essay (ironically enough, the highest essay score I have received yet was on one that I absolutely abhorred writing. Which always seems to be the case in University). And it just down-poured for a good 10 minutes before clearing up back into greyness.

I am not one for stereotypes but times like these, I do find that sticking to the British stereotype of massive amounts of rainfall is the most likely way to predict British weather. At this point, I have given trying to look up the day's forecast on weather.com because I know that in one day during this season, it can go from overcast to drizzle to downpour then to sun. Sometimes all in the span of one hour. I guess that's part of that British charm; like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get when it comes to the weather here. I have also had a couple of really hot days here that were comparable to California summer. But like most things British, it was quickly eclipsed the next day with rain.

One thing that I can say positively about British weather is, though tumultuous, it is a lot more lenient to its denizens than California spring. Case in point: wildflowers. You never see this kind of bed in Orange County.



Oh look! It just got sunny again!

No comments:

Post a Comment